SEO for Small Business Owners, or Search Engine Optimization, is a vital consideration when attracting customers to your online business.
SEO, is the process of making your website visible to search engines so as to attract traffic, leads and customers.
SEO can be applied to both words and images. Websites that attract large volumes of traffic will have well optimised keywords, phrases and imagery that relates to a specific industry or business and will be built into the content of a website.
For example, you may be have a business that is related to “plumbers wexford” As we can see in the graphic below, this is a phrase that gets, on average, 260 searches per month on Google.
Thus, if you were a plumbing business in County Wexford it would be important to include this phrase on your website and social media platforms.
SEO is not just applied on a website, but must also be applied offsite through external linking and guest blogging.
Google rates the quality of these links to assess if a website deserves to be bestowed with high authority and thus greater visibility in the search engines.
Why SEO is important for small business
Ideally, you want Google, and all other search engines, to rank your website as highly as possible in the search results.
Effective SEO will set your website up so that it appears at the top of the search engine results pages for your chosen search terms, keywords and phrases.
What are the benefits of SEO for small business
Search engine optimisation offers a great many benefits to a website or online business, some of which include:
- Improved search engine rankings
- Increased targeted traffic
- Branding benefits through greater visibility
- Improved marketing ROI due to the cost-effective nature of SEO technique
There are many strands to SEO but if you focus in on the basics, you will provide yourself with the best way to produce effective results. For example:
- It is vital you know what keywords searchers are using to locate your business.
- Once you have established this then you will need to create a content strategy that will retain these users when they land on your website.
- Within this strategy it is important to always keep updating your content to keep Google indexing your pages.
- Finally, with your pipeline of customers established, it is important you analyse what is and isn’t working to further refine and improve your SEO strategy.
thehostingpool.com SEO Promotional Program for Small Business – More leads, More Sales from Google
- In addition to our web design packages we also offer SEO promotional programs to get more leads and more sales for your business. These programs have proven extremely popular with our customers as they lead to increase in online business.
The programs includes:
- Collecting all the keywords you rank for on the Web (we have a specialist tool that does this)
- Collecting keywords that you do not rank for at present. This is a great way of uncovering words and phrases that could generate extra leads and sales for your business
- Auditing your social media platforms making sure they are fully optimised with all the keywords we collect.
- Building a local Google My Business profile to generate local leads for your business (So many companies fail to make use of the full potential of this valuable resource) We’ll show you how to give you a competitive advantage.
- Check in on your competitors SEO strategies, check their keywords and linking. Adapt their most successful SEO approaches for your own business to give you the competitive advantage.
- Its not just words we optimise. We also optimise video and images in this program for your website. No business can afford to be without strong visuals and video. Google will push your business higher up the search results when someone goes searching for your services if you have video and images optmised correctly on your website. We will show you how to do this to get more traffic and sales.
- Getting links for your business. Links to and from other companies in your industry is very important in pushing you up the Google Search Rankings. These links are like votes for your online business. There is a right and wrong way to achieve these links. Again we go into great detail in our SEO program as to how to achieve the right links for more leads and online sales.
To sign up up for one of our SEO programs please click the button below
Term and Conditions Apply